One thing I'm learning in the world of blogging is that bloggers seem to not only support each other, but also feed off each other (in a good way) There's a fun little blog that my Comic Buddy Stephen Rader brings up each week called TMI Tuesday. They make a little list of questions each Tuesday that give you an insight, probably too much an insight, into the person answering the questions. So let's give it a go shall we???
1) Do you have/ever had any dating or sex superstitions? (Wear 'lucky jeans' on first date, always light a vanilla candle, etc.) If so, what are they?
Not really, I think if I get a date there's it's an act of God or Karma or something. I don't always wear my favorite "These jeans make my ass look good" jeans since it could be summer... but I am picky about being early. Superstitions about sex??? Hmm... next time I have sex I'll let you know.
2) If you were stranded on the old deserted island, and a genie appeared who could only grant you one wish -- to bring one of the following people to join you, who would it be? spouse/significant other, unrequited love or someone you have a crush on, an old/past love, your best friend.
Please... this sounds like a question for The Dating Game... I'd say none of the above. I'd say bring George Abeking to the island... he's one of the top boat builders in the world. I figure if I get his ass on this island, he'll help me get my ass OFF this island and leave that cheap one wish grantin' Genie on the island.
3) Tell us "weather or not" you're in the mood -- how does rain, snow, sleet, scorching heat, sweltering humidity etc. affect your libido.
While I may not get the sex as often, it certainly ain't for lack of wanting. I can say that my libido is far more dependable than the US Postal Service. Ever present and sitting on go!
4) Are you a crying drunk, an angry drunk, a 'I'm drunk, let's screw' sort of a drinker? (And, if you do not drink -- which one of those things is the reason?)
None of the above, I'm a slightly giggly, truth telling and touchy/feely drunk. But I'm also a very conscious drunk.. internally I'm constantly monitoring what I'm doing, but oddly it's so detached it is as if I'm watching someone else from a really odd perspective.
5) Who turns you on the most & why: (and I'm going to say why not too...)
the activist - Nope..too militant and they are too serious. I mean who wants to stop in the middle of sex because of the plight of the South American smoot banded woodpecker?
the author - Nope. Books put me to sleep...what's an author going to do?
the care-giver/healer (nurse, doctor, masseuse, herbalist, chiropractor etc.)nah, getting naked in front of someone who's going to look at me critically physiologically? not my thing
the educator (professor, teacher, mentor etc.) - "No Chris, that's Ooo YES that's hot. Not 'Yeah'" Sure, correct me in my moanings.... :)
the model - uh... no. 'nuff said'
the musician - this one time at band camp....
the politician - all I could see is Goerge Bush.. nope
the scientist - if a coworker reads this, I'm sorry, but I'm surrounded by scientists all day.. not a one of them I've ever even thought of sleeping with. pass...
the comedian - there we go! I don't need to laugh all the time or during those times, but a sincere genuine smile and a heartfelt laugh melts me every time! Plus, if you roll off the bed, who better to do it with than someone who will find it as friggin' hilarious like me!
Bonus (as in optional): Looking back, what's the one thing you've done which was supposed to be erotic, but didn't quite work out?
Oh Lord.... I'll just say that I, and the poor person I was with, are sworn to secrecy. My family reads this blog... Get me drunk, stand out of my arms reach (4 feet should do it) and ask me again...