Wednesday, November 12, 2008

RipVanWinkle, move over....

Yesterday was Veteran's Day, or Remembrance Day if you're in Canada or the UK. Working for an association means you usually get these lesser holidays off too. I had planned to use the day working on a few things around the house, going to the grocery store, blah blah blah. Even with all the plans, I did know that I wanted to sleep late. Usually sleeping late for me is 8am. I went to bed around 10pm on Monday night and as I woke up, here's how it played:

Wake up, see that it's light outside, look at clock, 8:15am. Still sleepy so roll back over for a bit more.

Wake up, see that it's light outside, but not bright. Pull aside curtains and see that it's overcast and dreary. Look at clock, 10:00am. OK, one more hour and I'll get up and get started. No big plans, so not in a hurry.

Wake up, see that it's light out, but darker than before. Pull aside curtains expecting to see dark thunder clouds or something and it's just darker. Look at clock, 5:15pm!

NINETEEN HOURS! I slept for 19 hours. Sadly I didn't mean to or want to, but BAM, I nearly slept an entire day! I don't think I've slept that long uninterrupted in my entire life without having just come through surgery of some sort.

Luckily i was able to get to sleep for the most part last night, though I did wake up throughout the night. Too bad God didn't give us a need for a finite amount of sleep. If so I'd be ready for an all nighter at the bars this weekend.

3 comments:

Transitiongirl2008 said...

You rock! Even I haven't done that in ages! I think you're taking lessons on sleeping from Lea :-)

SUEB0B said...

Wow, I am kind of jealous! You must have really needed a rest. I'm glad you had a nice holiday to do it.

cb said...

That is ridiculous. Dude, set an ALARM!

Or drink a lot of water!