Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today would have been my mom's 73rd birthday. I have never wanted to remember, or in any way commemorate the day she died, but I'll remember her birthday anyway and will still do a candle in the cupcake for her. I also decided that I'd do something for her on her birthday too. Nothing earth changing, but something that I wouldn't normally do or have been putting off that would be meaningful.

Since Mom's passing, I've been horribly remiss in writing to her sister Jane, however Jane has remembered my birthday and sends Christmas cards. I know, I'm a heel, but Mom and Jane were close so writing her is going to be hard. But today seems like the perfect day!

Happy Birthday Mom!


5 comments:

Transitiongirl2008 said...

This is probably the nicest tribute you could give, both the picture and the letter... you rock!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom. I feel for you.

Just Kevin... said...

Keeping that memory of you mom alive by writing to her sister is bound to bring her spirit to both of you!!

cb said...

Happy Birthday!

B said...

What a nice tribute :)