Wednesday, November 12, 2008

No Shit Sherlock!


"My wife reminded me that, `hey, as president of the United States, be careful what you say.'''

- George Bush in an interview yesterday


Sometimes people say something so obvious you just want to smack them. This article came after the Obamas went to visit the White House. I know it was all he could do for Obama not to roll his eyes. I bet Michelle had to stifle that "mmm - hmmm" at least 100 times.

Bush Says He Regrets Use of Iraq `Mission Accomplished' Banner

Nov. 12 (Bloomberg) -- President George W. Bush said he regrets the display of the ``Mission Accomplished'' sign as backdrop for a speech he gave about a month after the March 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq.
``To some, it said, well, `Bush thinks the war in Iraq is over,' when I didn't think that,'' he said in a CNN interview today. ``It conveyed the wrong message.''
The sign was hung on the U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln on May 1, 2003, when Bush landed on the carrier wearing a flight suit to declare that major combat operations in Iraq were over. That speech has since served as a rallying point for critics of Bush's policies in Iraq.
Bush also cited other regrets in the CNN interview, which was conducted aboard the U.S.S. Intrepid in New York after a Veterans Day ceremony.
``I regret saying some things I shouldn't have said,'' Bush said. He cited comments he made after the Sept. 11 attacks, when he said of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden: ``I want justice. There's an old poster out West that said, 'Wanted, dead or alive.'''
He also said he regretted telling Iraqi insurgents in 2003: ``There are some who feel like that the conditions are such that they can attack us there. My answer is, bring 'em on.''
`Be Careful'
In the interview yesterday, he said, ``My wife reminded me that, `hey, as president of the United States, be careful what you say.'''
Bush, 62, also described his Nov. 10 meeting at the White House with his successor, President-elect Barack Obama, and said he asked former President Bill Clinton for advice on handling the transition.
``It was interesting to watch him go upstairs,'' Bush said of Obama's visit. ``He wanted to see where his little girls were going to sleep. Clearly, this guy is going to bring a sense of family to the White House, and I hope Laura and I did the same thing. But I believe he will, and I know his girls are on his mind and he wants to make sure that first and foremost, he is a good dad.''
Bush said he would return to Texas when he hands over the presidency Jan. 20 and may write a book.
``I want people to know what it was like to make some of the decisions I had to make,'' he said. ``I've had one of those presidencies where I've had to make some tough calls, and I want people to know the truth about what it was like sitting in the Oval Office.''


He's just mad because none of the White House interns wanted to blow him.

7 comments:

kansastock said...

'...may write a book.' I'm reconsidering my opinion on book burning.

Nosokomaniac said...

I actually think a lot of interns tried to give him a Bjer. He just couldn't get it up. Years of coke will do that to you.

Stephen R. said...

Laura is just telling him this NOW?!? Just when you thought he and his tenure as President couldn't get any more ridiculous or more horrific, he opens his mouth. And the stupidity just falls out, over and over.

His mouth is like a clown car of moronic sentences to nowhere.

Oy...

Anonymous said...

Don't you have to actually read a book before you write a book?

Transitiongirl2008 said...

Finally, he asks Clinton for advice! Should have done that years ago, Georgie-boy!

cb said...

I loved when he said the OB/GYN's were no longer to practice their love... or whatever the quote was.

What a dumbass.

Just Kevin... said...

Who's this guy? Why are you talking about him? I mean, he kinda looks familiar. Was he that guy on "Hee Haw"?