Thursday, August 21, 2008

An Ode to Gary Larson

Seems I'm falling into comic strip mode this week. I did the Calvin & Hobbes test yesterday. Then today, while commenting on someone else's blog, I made a reference to a Gary Larson "Far Side" Cartoon. While I was searching for a pic of the particular cartoon (which I didn't find... dammit) I ran across some of my favorites, and I thought I'd share!


Gary! Come back! I need you!


There was another cat/dog one I loved (couldn't find the image) with the cat laying on the woman's bed, the dog is outside whispering through the window "puuut the caaaat ooouuuut"




I think anytime Gary put a cow on it's hind legs I was laughing! There was another involving cows, cars and the pasture. (couldn't find it either) But this time, people were standing in the pasture, a car full of cows passes by and one cow is hanging out the window shouting "Yakkity Yakkity Yak!" For the rest of my life, whenever I pass cows in a pasture, I yell "Yakkity Yakkity Yak!"

3 comments:

tiff said...

Had the 'cat fug' coffee mug for so long the cartoon wore off it.

I agree, both Larson and Watterson need to come back. I mean, "Frazz" is great and all, but...you know.

Bunny said...

I had the "Cat fud" one on my fridge for YEARS. Far Side was great.

Were you also a Bloom County fan?

cb said...

I like the one with the chicken accidently stumbling into a "hay bar".

yeah, me likey the far side