Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Brand New Day!

Here is where I'd normally post (repost) the YouTube video of "Brand New Day" from the Wiz, but for some reason the video has been pulled from YouTube (bastards! - how dare they cut me off from my being able to do feel good showtunes!) But you know the song and it fits today. It is a brand new day.

The Inauguration is over, the ball has been danced, the food has been eaten and excess taken to charities to feed the homeless. Now, today, Barrack begins getting out his big ass snow shovel that he had in Chicago and digging our country out from under the shite storm that Dubya let rain down on us.

I've never been a terribly political person, but the longer I've lived in Chicago, the more I've paid attention to what's going on around me. I'll be the first to admit that, while I'm not a single cause political mind, there is one issue that I tend to think of that is more defined by the parties than grand things that eventually fall on both parties. However, over the past 8 years. I've come to find myself being more watchful. It dawned on me that while I feel like I've been in Chicago a long time, I didn't have a sense of time for how long Bush was in his presidency. Bush was elected right after I moved to Chicago. So while my time in Chicago has been fantastic, it will be interesting to see how it will feel with a Chicagoan at the helm of the country.

Barack baby, you go get 'em!

And by the way Texas.....
you can have him back now.

No comments: