It's crazy time before the holidays and work, as always, is pulling my attention. Therefore, I'm a bit lost for ideas for blogging and I'm also tired of complaining about the weather (balmy -4 degrees as I type this)
Stephen, over at Are You There Blog..., was tagged for a Meme which required him to pass the tag on to someone else. Stephen doesn't like to burden others so asked for volunteers. Always willing to help a brother out when I can.. here I go.
The rules are: 1. Link to the person who tagged you. 2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
1. I love pesto.... I think, though I've never tried it, that Pesto could even go with Peanut Butter. An old college roommate's father worked for a food company and would send food sample packages to us. We once got a gallon container of Pesto and the ease of heating up noodles and tossing some pesto into the mix was so easy I think I made that bad boy last for 6 months!
2. I used to buy pants that were too long for me just because I've always been tall and when I was growing up if I had pants that fit length-wise, they didn't for long because I'd outgrow them. I was always either in, or not far from, a point of living in high waters. Once my beloved Eddie Bauer started making everything in tall sizes, I was saved and would often order something a bit longer just because it made me feel a bit more normal.
3. Like Stephen, I too talk to myself.. A lot! It does come from living alone and often times hearing something out loud makes a difference from hearing it in your head. Often times it's just to hear a voice in the apartment that's not from the TV. Sometimes, however, that inner voice comes out in public and in front of others that may not understand. My filter has been someone damaged because of my work with the Deaf. They don't care that I verbalize to myself (read into that that they may not KNOW I verbalize to myself, although some have noticed it and just smiled).
4. My Christmas spirit was seriously handicapped when I worked for Disney the day after Thanksgiving. Years ago I worked for Disney stores. I enjoyed the job and learned tons about customer service and the giant machine that is Disney Marketing. It was all fine and good until I worked on that fateful Friday of Fridays, the day after Thanksgiving. I know it doesn't make sense to your wallet to hear a speech about quality, but it's true, Disney stuff is good stuff and the price point is higher PARTIALLY due to that. (the other part is the Mouse is a greedy MoFo and plans to make money regardless) However, I was so entirely over John Q. Redneck saying "Well I can get this at Wal-Mart for $4!" I was quite close to saying "Then take your trailer park cheap ass to Wal-Mart and help yourself!"
5. Pop-Tarts are like Crack Cocaine. If I buy a box, there's a chance that that box may not last 24 hours in my home. If it's possible, they could be more addictive than chocolate or Crystal Meth. The only time Pop-Tarts ever lasted a respectable time in my home was once when Lea from SC came to visit (another PTJunkie) and she bought some off the wall flavor God never intended like Butterscotch Smores with Beet Juice. I never tasted them as the title sounded repulsive enough and there were a couple after Lea left. I think I finally threw them out.
6. I sang back up for Barry Manilow. OK, I'll admit, I have NO clue as to why I decided to pull out this factoid today. But it's as random as it sounds. Back in the late 90's when I was in school again I was in the university choir. Barry was making his rounds of the country and would have a local college choir come back him up on the last two songs of the concert. It was a lot of fun actually and Barry... well, he's had some SERIOUS work done. He and Joan Rivers could have a staple locale contest to see who's knee jerks when you pinch the ear.
And that's my Six Random things! I'll tag a few people without listing them here to allow them to pass should they choose.